Tutorials: How to Install Plugins?
Author: 3JIou-TaTaPuH (20-05-2009, 20:39)
Tags: plugins, tutorial
How to install plugins?
plugins.ini - Adding more plugins
The plugins.ini file in your cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs folder is the list of what plugins are run in your server. See below how to edit this file and add or remove plugins from your server. This is what the default plugins.ini looks like:
Download pre-compiled plugins or the source file and compile it:
1) Copy the .amxx file to your cstrike/addons/amxmodx/plugins/ folder
2) Add the line for that plugin to your cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs/plugins.ini file.Let's say you have a plugin called bunnyhop.amxx
This is what it would look like if it was in the plugins.ini file.
;; Custom plugins for my server
bunnyhop.amxx ; This plugin can enable bhop like in half-life
I started a new section for any plugins that I added and left the default plugin section alone.
3) Now to test and see if the plugin you added is installed and running, start up your server. In the servers console type amx_plugins. You should get something like this:
Currently loaded plugins:
name version author file status
[ 1] Admin Base 184.108.40.20646 AMXX Dev Team admin.amxx running
[ 2] Admin Commands 220.127.116.1146 AMXX Dev Team admincmd.amxx running
[ 3] Admin Help 18.104.22.16846 AMXX Dev Team adminhelp.amxx running
[ 4] Slots Reservation 22.214.171.12446 AMXX Dev Team adminslots.amxx running
(etc, etc. Not all plugins shown)
[ 31] Super Bunny Hopper 1.2 Cheezy Peteza bunnyhop.amxx running
4) Trouble Shooting
If you see something like bad load under status or unknown under name while doing amx_plugins, or [AMX] Plugin file open error (plugin "some_plugin.amx") while your server was starting up then possibly:
- the plugin wasn't copied to the cstrike/addons/amxmodx/plugins/ folder
- the name of the plugin doesn't match what you typed in the plugins.ini file.
- if server was running while you were installing plugins, do restart or change a map, because changes won't take effect without it.
- Also the compiled plugin needs to be compiled to your version of AMXX or it may not work.
-When you upgrade AMXX you should recompile all your plugins anyway.
-You should know how to compile plugins, its very easy and many edits can be made by non programmers.
5) If there are additional files, its must be copied in corresponding folders.
Often there are .cfg ,.ini and .txt files.
So.cfg and.ini must be copied to cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs folder.
and .txt - to cstrike/addons/amxmodx/data/lang folder.
If necessary you can edit these files at own discretion.
6) To disable any plugin, add a semi-colon ';' to the beginning of its line in the plugins.ini file (Delete any associated files.).
;telemenu.amxx ; teleport menu (Fun Module required!)
7) All plugin CVAR's must be saved at cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs/amxx.cfg file.
Members of Guests cannot leave comments.